Who is Michael Majeed?
In his own words, Michael Majeed says that he “advises people on not only tax matters but also on business growth.” As a senior financial consultant and Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax consultant at Arck Innovative Consulting Corporation in Markham, Ontario, Michael’s position requires him to build long term, profitable relationships with corporate, institutional and high net-worth individuals by providing them with customized financial solutions and business advisory services.
As a financial leader from Toronto, Canada, Michael Majeed owes much of his success to his relationship-building skills, which he’s honed during his twenty-plus years as a business professional. His position requires him to build long term, profitable relationships with corporate, institutional and high net-worth individuals by providing them with customized financial solutions and business advisory services.
Leadership at Arck Innovative Consulting
Michael Majeed’s relationship-building skills continue to serve him well. After graduating from university, he accepted a position with Stratos Business Consultants in Toronto where he began his tenure as an associate Financial Analyst, and worked his way up to Senior Financial and Business Analyst until 2012. From working closely with a wide range of clients, lenders and others to managing as many as 15 CAs, CMAs, CFAs, and others at any given time, his people skills are used to their full potential every business day as he supervises several key Stratos initiatives. His contributions were valued to such an extent by Stratos that the company publicly recognized him during this time for his ability to build strong rapport with both internal and external stakeholders.
During the course of his career, Michael’s wealth of experience in the industry has been a big help to every company he becomes part of. As a consultant in the Research and Development space, Michael works with business owners who are constantly innovating and bringing new ideas to life to help improve and better the human condition. Michael lives by the philosophy that “innovation only occurs as the result of people being able to bring new ideas to life.”
Michael Majeed has written a 6-step process on how to bring ideas to life. The steps are as follows:
- Create a prototype; make your idea visual and receive input on any improvements and enhancements.
- Demonstrate the benefit; show how your idea will provide a solution.
- Find partners and collaborators; do research and get to know the subject matter experts who are well versed in your subject.
- Be open to partnership opportunities with your leadership team. Some of the most successful companies in the world started from humble beginnings. Although one person in the organization may have come up with the original idea, company ownership of shares was made available to many individuals contributing to the idea generation and thought leadership.
- Build a business plan; demonstrate how your idea will lead to technological improvements, demonstrate ROI, show how your idea reduces costs, improves a process, increases efficiency, adds value, builds your brand and improves the quality of life.
- Take to market; after accomplishing all of the steps above, schedule a time to share your business case with leaders in your industry and introduce your product, process or technology to the world.
Resume and Work Experience
Arck Innovative Consulting Corporation, Markham, ON, Canada
The major duties that Michael Majeed performs at Arck Innovative Consulting are listed below.
- Source, originate and identify small, mid and large sized Canadian corporations (CCPC’s) requiring advisory and consultation services in the area of scientific research and experimental development (SR&ED) tax incentive program.
- Formally present the professional services of Arck to C-level executives and key decision makers in engaging our firm to complete a full review and claim filing process for each respective year.
Primary focus on growing business by implementing business development initiatives and acquire new centers of influence.
- Act as lead senior role and project manager on all client engagements. Duties include review previous year end financial statements and SR&ED claims, complete on-site visit of the business location and determine all allowable activities as defined by the Canada Revenue Agency SR&ED program requirements.
- File claims for businesses in a cross section of industries including manufacturing, aerospace, agriculture, software, electronic, engineering, food, technology and pathology.
- Determine which method of filing for SR&ED (i) Traditional or (ii) Proxy for each client on a case by case basis and complete all government forms including T661 and T2SCH31 accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Interview CFO, controller, general manager and head of engineering of all companies to fully understand business operation and document all technical projects completed throughout the course of the calendar year.
- Administer the program with fiscal integrity by applying the legislation correctly, consistently and fairly, and ensuring that claimants receive the full amount to which they are entitled.
- Effectively use our CRM and input all sales activities and details pertaining to each lead converting to opportunities.
- Attend all monthly and quarterly sales management meetings and share best practices with divisional managers.
Regional Manager, Senior Financial Consultant, SR&ED Tax Consultant
Braithwaite Technology Consultants, Toronto, ON, Canada
Michael Majeed was fundamental in managing the entire province of Ontario in sourcing new business and maintaining existing relationships. He also conducted educational information sessions on CRA’s SR&ED program at business forums and conventions attracting new business owners and C-level executives.
Senior Financial & Business Analyst
Stratos Business ConsultantsToronto, ON, Canada
Michael specialized in providing financial planning analysis and advice institutions, pension funds, private/public companies and private clients on various operational, process improvement and strategy development locally and internationally. He was instrumental in corporate start-ups, acquisitions, and divestitures – performing ad-hoc analysis for senior management, providing recommendations and conclusions.
Senior Financial Advisor TD-Canada Trust, Toronto, ON, Canada
Michael managed a large block of high net worth clients and provided investment and advisory services to private individuals and businesses located in the downtown Toronto core. He provided mutual fund, insurance, retirement planning, succession planning, education and estate planning advice for all clients seeking a comprehensive financial plan through TD Water house and was recognized as the top performing senior financial advisor in the Toronto